Introducing an automated & digital workflow
to transfer documents and certificates
Today’s paper flow adds cost, time & complexity to trade flows
- Printing the certificates is costly
- Courrier is expensive and slow
- Manual processing is time-consuming, costly and error-prone
- Data issues causes long waiting times
Secure Document Workflow explained:
- only 1 party at the time owning the digital certificatesecured handover of certificates between parties
- automated document workflow allowing checks and notifications
- tamper free audit trail providing E2E transparency
- paperless transfer providing instant access to the data
- immutable single source of truth avoiding delays due to non-synchronised data
Use case: phytosanitary certificates, are transferred via blockchain technology and the document flow is automated by means of so-called "Smart Contracts"
Together with the Antwerp Port Authority, we developed a solution to make document flows safer and more efficient. Documents, such as certificates of origin and phytosanitary certificates, are transferred via blockchain technology and the document flow is automated by means of so-called "Smart Contracts". Together with Belfruco, Enzafruit, PortApp, 1-Stop and T&G Global, a specific solution was developed for phytosanitary certificates – which guarantee the safety of fruit and vegetables. With this pilot project, the port of Antwerp confirms its pioneering role in the field of innovation and digitization and actively collaborates on new solutions to further secure our food chain while automating the administrative processes.